Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DIY Tips & Tricks ~ Make Your Own Napkins


{Photos from a backyard wedding}

I am constantly on the hunt for fun DIY home decor ~ I've been recently on the hunt for fun DIY wedding decor that can be used at the wedding and in my home afterwards. It's a great way to save money all around!

I came across a backyard wedding, who writes about her DIY wedding and items she used to make it happen. She went around to thrift stores and found fabric, washed it, and cut them into squares. Then using pinking sheers she cut the edges so they won't fray and look decorative! Genius!

What a great way to save money in the long run by not renting napkins for one day, but instead making your own and then having them for the wedding ~ then for your home! Double the fun!

She found bed sheets, but I'm sure you could find other fabrics at fabric stores like:

1. Marrimeko (my personal fav, pricier, but many cool patterns)

2. Joann Fabric

3. Hancock Fabrics

4. Fabric.com

No comments: