Thursday, November 12, 2009

November Primed4Design{er} of the Month ~ A Bathroom Makeover

P4D readers enter to win your free (and signed!) copy of The Comfortable Home. Just click here and follow the contest rules. Good luck!! Now on to a fabulous bathroom makeover~
_______________________________________

Our Primed4Design{er} of the month, Victoria of Edin Interiors, is sharing a before and after project with our readers. Take it away Victoria....

I’m Victoria from the blog DesignTies (which I share with my blog partner Kelly from JAX Décor & Design) and I’m also the principal of an interior design and home remodeling company called Edin Interiors. A little truth? I’m so new at this whole thing that I squeak!! Over the last 5 years or so I’ve worked closely with my husband to renovate 2 of our homes, and through those experiences I’ve discovered my passion. I played with the idea of helping others with their before and after projects for about a year before I took the plunge and started Edin Interiors. It’s not much, but since then I’ve completed one whole project! HaHa!! I loved the work and my client loves her fireplace!

I share this wee bit of my design history because I’m really excited about my new – and second ever - client project, a complete bathroom renovation. In fact I’m so excited that all I can think about right now are bathrooms. So in honor of sparkling fixtures, lovely tiles and bathroom transformations, I thought I’d share with P4D readers the renovation of one of my own bathrooms. I hope you enjoy!

With every transformation there is a BEFORE:




This family bathroom was small and dated – with the exception of the gold tiles through the tub, everything was almond, almond, almond. And that mirror screamed 90s the way it spanned the one wall of the room. Well… it all came down.



But then came the fun stuff… putting it back together!



The plan for the space was to replace the tub with a fully tiled shower and a linen tower. Some might say, “but you need a tub!" but this space was for our teens and guests so a shower was the very best solution. Besides, we had a fantabulous tub in our master bathroom. So not only did I design this bathroom, but I tiled it! Well… most of it anyway. I really enjoy tiling, which I know my husband appreciates because it means one less job for him! He’s a fantastic helper by the way.





The shower floor pattern we chose was a mixture of slate and procelian tiles that looked and felt like stone.



Basic white subway tiles are a great look, but I always like to add an accent in really special tile – in this case, chocolate brown glass tiles.



LOVE IT! And boy did it sparkle!! Also, the trough-style sink was a hit with everyone, especially with the faucet we installed. The kids loved how the water cascaded out of the mouth of this great fixture.



I really wanted to pick a paint color that matched the glass tiles and complimented the dark wood of the linen tower.





I hope you like what you see! And if you like this transformation, I hope you’ll drop by DesignTies today to see some of the plans for my new client’s bathroom makeover… then be sure drop in from time-to-time to see updates on the metamorphosis.

Also, be sure you come back and see P4D's next month’s feature designer – my blog partner, Kelly! She’s designed some wonderful spaces and I know you’ll love what she shares with you. Finally, an enormous THANK YOU to Chrys and Jen for the invitation to share one of my projects with you. A moment ago I suggested you come back here next month to see Kelly. Well… don’t wait that long!!!! Be sure you come back tomorrow and the next day and the day after that…

~Victoria~

No comments: