Wednesday, July 22, 2009
DIY Tips & Tricks ~ Fabric Wallpaper
We are just loving this idea about making your own wallpaper out of FABRIC from Kim Myles of Myles of Style on HGTV! Genius!
Design Dilemma: You rent and can't paint, but want to bring color to your apartment's bland walls.
Kim's DIY Solution: Fabric wallpaper that doesn't damage walls
1. Buy inexpensive, colorful fabric — enough to cover at least one wall.
2. Wash the fabric first so the color won't transfer.
3. Apply liquid starch onto the wall with a paint roller. Note: The starch adheres better if the paint isn't an eggshell finish.
4. Smooth your fabric onto the wall and apply a second coat of liquid starch on top.
5. Let it dry — instant wallpaper.
6. When it's time to move on, dampen the fabric with a sponge and peel it off.
Here are more common decorating dilemmas with fresh advice from designer Kim Myles of HGTV.